Medicinal oxygen is widely used in every healthcare setting, with applications from anaesthesia to inhalation therapy.
Quality care and safety are unquestionably critical, so it is important that oxygen is handled with the utmost diligence. Linde Healthcare offers medicinal oxygen solutions, products and services to meet the specific requirements of the care facility or to help patients in the home.
Medicinal oxygen is subject to rigorous regulations with regards to the production, handling and use. We follow strict guidelines in manufacturing, control and distribution. In addition, as your healthcare partner, we do more than supply high quality oxygen. We can provide the expertise, training and support needed to ensure that the oxygen is delivered safely every time needed.
Advances in therapeutic uses of oxygen have resulted in increased usage for a number of diverse clinical applications, among them:
- To treat hypoxia and hypoxaemia.
- During surgery to maintain tissue oxygenation under anaesthesia.
- As part of resuscitation.
- In mechanical lung ventilation for the treatment of respiratory depression.
- In the treatment of diseases such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), pneumoconiosis, pneumonia, heart attack and pulmonary embolism.
- To treat respiratory distress syndrome in newborns.
- For cluster headaches.
- In the treatment of respiratory burns and as part of the gold standard of care for carbon monoxide poisoning.
- In homecare, for patients needing long-term oxygen therapy or mechanical ventilation.
You can find out more on our data protection information.